6 Tips For Hiring a DJ for Your Wedding! by Eric Seminara
Choosing an entertainer for your wedding can be important for the success of your wedding. Here are some questions that you need to ask before you decide on one:
1. What sort of experience does this DJ have doing weddings? Are they practiced enough to deal with any surprise situations that may arise. They must be able to spin appropriate music during certain phases of your wedding. Softer more ambient music should be played while the guests are mingling and dining, and then move into to lively or upbeat atmosphere when the atmosphere calls for it. Also, the DJ needs to be able to take requests and stay out the way of other venders such as the caterer and photographer.
2. What kind of party does the DJ usually play? Obviously one would prefer the proficiency in weddings. Lots of disc jockeys play different venus and will maybe do a wedding on occasion. Weddings are different from clubs or raves and should be handled that way by a professional DJ. There is certain criteria which a wedding DJ needs to adhere and a novice DJ can end up bringing unnecessary stress to your wedding event.
3. Can the DJ refer to satisfied customers or repeat customers, can you contact them? The key to a disc jockey is repeat customers and word of mouth promotion and nobody recommends a DJ that can't perform well for the most important day a young couples lifes. Ask how you can get ahold of past customers and keep relevant questions ready to ask them regarding their experiences with the DJ.
4.Are the prices in line with other competing DJs? Shop around but don't settle for the lowest bidder. There are decent DJ services where you get a good bang for your buck and feel as if the DJ added to the event. There are also services that will charge you too much. Watch out for companies that try to exploit of a couple preparing for a wedding.
5. What sort of hardware will your DJ use? Make sure there is all high grade electronics, no home speakers and lights that belong in a garage. You are hopefully hiring a veteran who knows how to pull off a stunning display of aural magic. Make sure they have made an investment in equipment. Only expect the best. No bride and groom should have to worry about the microphone or speakers going bad in the middle of their event!
6. Will the DJ play a mixture of music? You hope to locate a DJ that will play music appropriate for all stages of the reception. The music library should contain a myriad of selections and should be all digital. They should also offer to find any of your requested songs that will make you wedding even more memorable, which they might not have in their collection. Also, ask for a sample music menu.
The numerous times Eric Seminara has been married should make him a pro at selecting just the right Wedding DJ for
the party. Learn about this and other wedding festivities at
Article Source: ArticleFair.com
Back to Volume 17
© COPYRIGHT 2006 ALL RIGHTS
DJ,tips,wedding, wedding planner,wedding tips,getting married,home and family
utah wedding video wedding directory